The Reality of Lewy Body Dementia:
Hallucinations & Delusions & How to Manage Them
1 hour long: slide visuals with narration; includes Q&A session after presentation.
Dr. James Galvin’s presentation touches on many aspects, how to manage these difficult behaviours, potential medications, etc. He covers the following areas:
- Hallucinations and Delusions are common in LBD
- New emergent symptoms require a medical evaluation
- Not all behaviors require medication
- Non-pharmacological approaches should be first line
- If starting a medication, know all there is to know about that medication
- Start at lowest dose, increase doses slowly, constantly re-evaluate
- New medications are being tested that specifically target hallucinations in
Watch more regularly updated, outstanding videos on Lewy Body Dementia.