Media Inquiries About Lewy Body Dementia
For news media, I can provide comments, insight, experience, perspectives and expertise in many aspects of Lewy Body Dementia. Commentary can help to raise awareness and provide information to the general public, medical professionals and researchers. After being “in the trenches” since 2008, I have become somewhat of a Canadian expert on Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
Contact me directly. All media requests for quotations, double-enders, interviews, written questions, and excerpts will receive consideration. Decisions are based on availability.
Requests for original editorial copy and feature stories on particular aspects of Lewy Body Dementia are also welcome.
Insights cover all aspects of Dementia, but focus on Lewy Body Dementia, including:
- differences between Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- behavioural issues
- treatment options
- medication vs. behavioural modification
- tips for managing
- caregiving challenges and triumphs
- costs and financial impact
- support groups
- CCAC (Community Care Access Centre, only in Ontario, Canada)
- staying at home during progression
- home care with personal support workers
- planning considerations
- hospitalization risks
- family dynamics
- stopping working to become a full-time caregiver
- dealing with medical system
- government policy
- trends in dementia
- the future of caregiving
Submit media inquiries via the Lewy Body Dementia contact form.
Strength to all!